Our children are active and often outdoors and so our uniform reflects this. We are likely to get muddy or wet at times! Our School Council were instrumental in developing our uniform, insisting on criteria that the uniform was bright, easily washable and not too expensive. The red is available in major supermarkets.
- Black skirt, trousers or shorts
- A red polo shirt
- A red sweatshirt or cardigan
- White, grey or black socks
- Black trainers or dark coloured active/walking shoes
- Pumps for use indoors or as a change of shoes when needed
Children will also regularly need wellies and a warm coat. We have waterproofs in school for all children from Nursery to Year 6.
No jewellery is permitted except a watch and one pair of small stud earrings.
Children will need a PE kit in school to get changed into for their PE lessons. In order to ensure PE kits remain affordable, there is no set uniform for PE. However, children should have the following to get changed into:
- a plain t-shirt (preferably red)
- shorts (preferably black) or short leggings
- tracksuit bottoms or leggings (for the colder months) - any dark colour
- trainers or pumps - any colour (for PE lessons only)
Some parts of your child's uniform can be used in their PE lesson, such as their red polo shirt, although parents should be mindful that these will need washing more regularly during the warm summer months after lots of exercise.
Ordering School Uniform
There is no requirement to have uniform with the school logo on. However, should you wish to purchase logoed polo shirts and/or jumpers, these can be bought directly from Coniston Corporate. The Friends of Ambleside School also have sales of second hand uniform items throughout the year.
Please visit Coniston Corporate to place your order. They will process your order for you and deliver it directly to school.